4th Drug Development Forum
OCTOBER 28–29, 2019 | THE COLONNADE HOTEL | BOSTON
As many blockbuster products face the loss of exclusivity, life science organizations face staunch competition from generic and biosimilar products to maintain their stronghold in certain markets. There is a lot riding on the success of new drug development, and companies are increasingly turning to external sources of innovation to supplement organic pipeline growth and replace key products within their portfolios.
Biotechs continue to push the boundaries of R&D innovation, exploring specialized areas of research, often entering undefined, first-in-class territory. However, changing regulatory requirements, payer expectations, and investor demands make drug development and commercialization an increasingly risky endeavor, leaving little to no margin for error. It takes strong leadership, a well-articulated and communicated shared vision, and innovative partnerships to navigate the competitive landscape and ensure the successful development of a commercially viable product in today’s healthcare environment.
FierceBiotech’s 4th Drug Development Forum features executive leadership perspectives from biotech and big pharma companies on emerging trends and market dynamics that will help effectively prioritize R&D spend and unlock the potential of a licensing, joint venture or M&A deal.
Attendees can look forward to the following benefits
- Interact with fellow biotech, mid-sized and large pharma company leaders and trade ideas for tackling the biggest industry challenges, from preclinical research through pivotal trials and beyond
- Optimize early phase clinical activity to ensure successful trial execution and regulatory approval
- Develop effective strategies for collaboration between commercial and R&D teams to allow for critical inputs in early-stage decision-making
- Streamline insight sharing across functional lines to guide a product from discovery to launch
- Discuss innovative deal structures and investment models that can de-risk collaborations and partnerships, and help assist the development of drugs
- Examine key factors for the successful integration of an M&A target or licensed product/portfolio